Will the distributions I receive be taxable as ordinary income?
- Please see page x as well as the "U.S. Federal Income Tax Considerations" section on page 83 in the Offering Circular for a full description.
What tax forms may I receive?
- You may receive a Form 1099-DIV Dividends and Distributions, for the fund you are invested in at the end of each calendar year, if required. In addition, we are required to send you a Form 1099-B Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions, in any year that you receive proceeds from a disposition of your interest in Jamestown Invest 1, LLC.
When may I receive my tax form(s)?
- Tax forms, if required, will be provided to you no later than January 31st, following the calendar year of dividend or sale proceeds. Tax documents will be uploaded to the “Documents” tab of each investor’s dashboard on the investment portal on the Jamestown Invest website.
What is a Form 1099-DIV and Form 1099B?
- Form 1099-DIV is sent to investors annually and provides the tax character of any distributions (dividends and any other distributions) paid to you during the tax year.
- Form 1099B is sent to investors when assets in the fund are sold.
Why have I received a Form 1099-DIV or a Form 1099B?
- You received a Form 1099-DIV because you received distributions from your investment in the fund. To enable you to properly report these distributions to the IRS, the Form 1099-DIV shows the tax attributes of the distributions you received.
- You received a Form 1099B because you received proceeds from a disposition of your interest in Jamestown Invest 1, LLC.