What is Jamestown Invest?
- Jamestown Invest is an online investment platform providing the opportunity to invest in newly organized funds managed by Jamestown Invest Manager, L.P. and formed to acquire and manage a portfolio consisting of real estate investments in urban locations in the path of anticipated growth.
- Utilizing Jamestown’s vertically integrated business platform, Jamestown Invest builds upon Jamestown’s track record of 35+ years, nearly 80,000 German individual, U.S., and international investors, 31 realized funds, and a clear mission: to transform spaces into hubs of innovation and community.
- A full description of Jamestown Invest can be found on page i of the Offering Circular.
Who can invest? Can international investors invest?
- Nearly any U.S. citizen residing in the U.S. can invest as long as the investment amount does not represent more than 10% of the greater of their annual income or net worth. There are certain suitability considerations as well. Please see the Offering Circular for a full description.
- At this time, investments are only open to U.S. citizens residing in the U.S.
What am I investing in? What is Jamestown Invest 1, LLC?
- You are purchasing shares of Jamestown Invest 1, LLC.
- Jamestown Invest 1, LLC is a newly organized Delaware limited liability company formed to acquire and manage a portfolio consisting of real estate investments in urban infill locations in the path of anticipated growth.
- Jamestown Invest 1, LLC intends to qualify as a real estate investment trust, or REIT for U.S. federal income tax purposes commencing with our first taxable year of operations.
- More information about the taxation of REITs can be found on page 83 of the Offering Circular.
Am I investing in a fund or a specific property?
- You are investing in a fund that intends to acquire multiple properties. A full description of the investment strategy of Jamestown Invest 1, LLC can be found in the Offering Circular.
How is an investment in your common shares different from investing in shares of a listed REIT?
- The fundamental difference between our common shares and a listed REIT is the daily liquidity available with a listed REIT. Although we intend to adopt a redemption plan that may allow investors to redeem shares on a quarterly basis, for investors with a short-term investment horizon, a listed REIT may be a better alternative than investing in our common shares. However, we believe our common shares are an alternative way for investors to deploy capital into a portfolio of real estate assets that could offer a lower correlation to the general stock market than listed REITs.
Who can help answer my other questions about Jamestown Invest or Jamestown Invest 1, LLC?
- If you have more questions about Jamestown Invest or Jamestown Invest 1, LLC, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 404-490-4950.