What is a real estate investment trust, or REIT?
- In general, a REIT is an entity that combines the capital of many investors to acquire a portfolio of real estate investments under professional management which generally avoids double taxation (i.e., taxation at both the corporate and shareholder levels). Generally, we refer to an entity that qualifies to be taxed as a real estate investment trust for U.S. federal income tax purposes as a REIT. We intend to qualify as a REIT for U.S. federal income tax purposes commencing with our first taxable year of operations.
- More information about our intended REIT qualification can be found on pages ii, 35 and 85 in the Offering Circular.
What is Reg A or Regulation A+?
- Regulation A+ was a 2015 amendment to the 2012 JOBS Act. The Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act is a law intended to encourage funding of small businesses in the United States. For more information, visit https://www.sec.gov/smallbusiness/exemptofferings/rega.
What is an Offering Circular?
- An Offering Circular is a prospectus and is provided to individuals who are interested in potentially purchasing the newly issued security. It contains information to help the prospective investor in deciding whether or not the investment is suitable for them. The Offering Circular and its related exhibits and documents should all be read carefully for a description of the merits and risks of an investment in Jamestown Invest, prior to investing in Jamestown Invest.
What are shares?
- The shares granted to investors represent the units of ownership interest in the Fund.
- A full description of our common shares can be found on page 69 of the Offering Circular.
What is a “sponsor co-investment”?
- Our sponsor, Jamestown L.P., will be investing in the Jamestown Invest 1, LLC along with you. This co-investment aligns the interest of Jamestown with that of the investor. The amount of Jamestown's co-investment is listed in the investment terms found on our investor portal.
What is NAV?
- Net asset value (NAV) is the net value of an investment fund on a specific date or time. Our NAV per share will be calculated as of the end of each fiscal quarter, beginning at the end of the first complete fiscal quarter of this offering, through our internal process that comprises several components. The final determination of our quarterly NAV per share will be made by our Manager. We announce our NAV quarterly.
- Please see pages iv and 78 in the Offering Circular for a full description.