What safeguards do you have in place to protect my personal information and assets?
- We use security measures that comply with applicable law and industry standards. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We restrict access to personal information to those employees, affiliates, agents, and third parties who have a need to know the information to perform a business purpose. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards reasonably designed to protect the personal information while it is within our control.
Do you monitor my personal information to determine whether it has been stolen or misused?
- We have policies and procedures designed to detect, prevent and mitigate identity theft in connection with new and existing accounts, including identity authentication procedures.
- We collect and process certain internet or other electronic network activity information for preventing fraud, operating and improving our services, maintaining the integrity of our network, addressing security issues, and investigating or taking action regarding complaints, violations or suspected violations of law or our terms of service.
Are there any measures that you recommend I take to personally protect the information on my computer, including protection of passwords or other sensitive information?
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. You should not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account. When logging into your account, you should use a web browser that is SSL-compliant and supports secure sessions and close your browser window after logging out. You should notify us immediately in writing of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- You can find more tips for protecting your financial information here:
How do you handle an account intrusion or other malicious cyber event? For example, would I be notified if personal information or assets were compromised and how would I receive this notification?
- We have implemented an incident response plan designed to quickly discover incidents, effectively contain the damage, eradicate the attacker's presence, restore the integrity of the network and systems, and notify affected parties and regulators in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Will you reimburse me if my assets are compromised by a cyber-attack?
- Under most circumstances, you will not be reimbursed if your assets are compromised by a cyber-attack.